Importing from Excel
|Top Previous Next|
ECOM offers the ability to load data directly from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
It is important, however, that a number of points are observed:
1. If your Excel spreadsheet has multiple worksheets, the data will be imported from the worksheet that was visible when the workbook was last saved.
2. The data should be present as a contiguous rectangular block, starting at Cell A1.
3. Cell A1 itself should be empty, with sample names present in Row 1 and variable (species) names present in Column 1.
4. The import procedure ignores formulae in cells and imports the visible values.
5. Ensure that all cells within the contiguous block, rightwards and downwards from cell B2 contain numerical data.
6. ECOM can import directly from Excel whether Excel is open or not, provided the worksheet has been saved.